Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Saturday, December 7, 2013

The Kindness of Strangers

Traveling with Morey is always an adventure! Thankfully on our Thanksgiving trip everything went quite smoothly. On our flights to Indiana we had an empty seat next to us, which meant Morey had a little more room to stretch out. However, he spent most of the time with his nose up on the seat, which is his way of asking if he can jump up (typically on my bed or the couch). Sorry Morey, I don't think the next passenger would appreciate getting a yellow fur coat!

Can I please sit here?
 
On our first flight on the way home, a nice flight attendant moved Morey and me to business class! Although I was served dinner, apparently they don't make dining arrangement for canines traveling in business class. Sorry Morey! My seat mate on that flight was a grandma from New Zealand so I learned a lot during the flight. As she asked about how Morey travels I mentioned that sometimes the air pressure bothers his ears during landing and giving him ice sometimes helps. When we started our descent, she called the flight attendant and requested a cup of ice for Morey. Everyone wants to make sure that Morey receives VIP treatment!

On our second flight things evened out because instead of being in the bulkhead where we usually sit, we were back in row 20. Morey had to squeeze his way into the tiny space and then when the passenger next to me boarded we had to do some interesting rearranging so he could step over me and Morey (for which he was quite apologetic). Morey kept moving around, trying to get comfortable or at least as comfortable as possible. When I made a joke about Morey missing his pillow at home, my fellow passenger offered to let Morey use his scarf as a pillow! I thought he was joking at first, but he was entirely serious and when I politely declined he continued to offer. I explained that the flight from Dallas to Austin was so short that it wouldn't hurt Morey to be a little uncomfortable.
Once again I was surprised by people's thoughtfulness when it comes to Morey's comfort!

No comments:

Post a Comment