Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Holiday Helper

This December it has actually felt like winter here in Austin! We've had record breaking lows for the first part of December and recently had the 6 coldest days in a row for the month of December. I mean we are talking about frigid 30 degree temperatures (don't judge! :). With this weather it really has been starting to feel like Christmas and so Morey has gotten into the holiday spirit, turning from a service dog into a holiday helper!

We heard that Santa was coming to campus and naturally I decided to take Morey. Before taking his turn with Santa we had a discussion about what he was going to ask Santa for as his Christmas gifts. In the moment, I think all he actually wanted was to take off the reindeer antlers!


Santa didn't have quite a big enough lap for a big dog like Morey, but thankfully there was a stepstool provided so that Morey could reach Santa's ear. He was a little confused about why he was getting up on Santa's lap because typically he only does that with me.

 
After visiting Santa, Morey and I decided to do some Christmas shopping on campus. My purchases were light enough that Morey could carry the bag for me once we were done. Not only is this helpful to me so my hands can be free to push, but it also spreads a bit of holiday cheer. I think everyone we passed on the way back to my office smiled or commented on Morey's adorableness. It was kind of fun to watch people who were looking down or lost in their own worlds look up and smile when they saw Morey trotting along with his antlers and a bag in his mouth.
I recognize that Morey is a very special dog and am glad to be able to share that specialness with other people!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment