Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Friday, December 6, 2013

Happy Halloween!


In addition to birthday presents, Grandma also brought Morey his Halloween costume. I felt some pressure for Morey to live up to the standard and expectation of cuteness that we set the past 2 years and will let you judge for yourself, but I think this was his best costume yet!

Morey made his first debut as a pirate at our church's No Fear celebration.
Beware Morey the pirate! If you cross his path on this Halloween he will steal your heart, demand your love and affection, and leave you with only a pile of yellow dog hair in return!

This family-friendly event offered a variety of non-scary games, activities, crafts, and contests. My Sunday school class was helping with the cupcake walk and so I put Morey next to me and spent the evening handing out cupcakes while Morey spent the evening getting his picture taken and being admired. Next year I think we will have Morey be his own attraction!

                              Morey and one of his favorite friends at church.
 The event was 3 hours and Morey patiently wore his costume the entire time. I gave him breaks from his eye patch, which was his least favorite accessory, but he patiently tolerated the rest of his costume. What a good boy!
 
I think Morey was quite dismayed when the pirate costume came back a few days later for actual Halloween. Everyone at work had been asking about his costume and I didn't want to disappoint. Morey wore his shirt and belt all day and put on the hat and eye patch for special appearances. When he had the eye patch on he became strangely still and didn't want to move at all so he only wore the eye patch for pictures.
 
We went around our building making visits and had several people stop by to see him and take pictures. His pictures posted on Facebook got a total of 110 likes (which confirms my suspicions that if Morey ever got his own Facebook page he would quickly have more friends than I do and I'm not sure if I am ready for that!)
 
Morey is such a patient and special dog. I try not to exploit his training, but on Halloween I do make unauthorized use of his socialization and training to have one of the best costumed dogs around!




No comments:

Post a Comment