Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Junior Aviator

My trip home for Christmas was long and chaotic. I arrived at the airport at 10am for my flight at 11:15. My flight was delayed which allowed me to take Morey out (see Lesson Learned). My flight was delayed again and then cancelled. I was rebooked on a flight leaving at 3 which then ended up being delayed until 5:30. Since we had been at the airport all day, I had to take Morey out again before our flight actually left. That made three trips through security at the Austin airport!

I always pack 2 meals for Morey, just in case of situations like this. I was supposed to land in Indy at 5pm and at that time I hadn't even left Austin! Morey ate a quick dinner in Dallas and then we had fun going from terminal C to terminal D, then back to terminal C after a last second gate change. I was so thankful to finally get on the plane to Indy!

On the flight there was a girl traveling as an unaccompanied minor. She pre-boarded with me and when the flight attendant heard it was her first flight she gave her a Junior Aviator Logbook so she could keep track of all her flights. I made a comment about how that was a fun idea and the flight attendant asked if I would like one for Morey! I laughed and thought it might be a good way to keep track of Morey's travels. At the end of the flight as we were leaving the plane, the flight attendant handed me a Junior Aviator Logbook with the first flight signed by the captain, first officer, and flight attendant. I wonder how long it will take Morey to fill up the whole thing?


Morey's Junior Aviator Logbook
Morey's first flight logged in his Aviator Logbook

 
We landed in Indy around midnight and then waited around for my luggage that never arrived. After waiting in line for it to be tracked and arranged for it to be delivered the next day, Morey and I were both ready to be picked up and taken home. Thankfully the rest of our trip was much more enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment