Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Thanksgiving with Family and Friends


Morey and I went back to Indiana for Thanksgiving and got to celebrate with not only human family and friends, but also some canine ones. My family has been involved with training many different service dogs and often we are asked to care for them while their families travel. I always enjoy getting to see some of the dogs that have been part of our lives in the past.

This year we got to share Thanksgiving with Bridget. My family puppy raised Bridget until she went to prison for training. She was then selected to be a breeding dog and had several litters of puppies with Morey's dad Jammer (making her kind of like Morey's step-mom I suppose). Bridget is now a reading dog and accompanies her human partner to her work at a library.

L-R: Bridget, Buddy the shih Tzu, Jessie my retired service dog, and Morey had a great time!



I was told that Bridget doesn't like to play with other dogs that much, but she and Morey certainly enjoyed some vigorous play time together!



                               They also got to enjoy some time outside in the chilly weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment