Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Birthday Party!

December 29th is a very special day for both of my dogs. It is Jessie's birthday and this year she turned nine. I've known her since she was 4 months old and it is amazing how our lives have intertwined since that first meeting. She was the first ICAN dog I furloughed and sometimes I still marvel at the fact that after a failed first placement she ended back up with me.

December 29th, 2010 is the day I brought Morey home as my service dog. I had originally said "no" to having Morey as my service dog (you'll have to go back to the start of this blog to read about that story) and when I was given a second chance I eagerly said "yes!"

It is fun that I am always home on the 29th to celebrate this special day. Buddy, my mom's rescued Shih Tzu comes as an honorary guest. All of the dogs are quite willing to wear birthday hats as long as they are well compensated with tasty treats!
 
The birthday treat this year was peanut butter cupcakes (for dogs). All of the party guests were very patient to wait to try the cupcake until we had sung "happy birthday".
 
Given how Morey stole Jessie's Christmas present, he had to go in the other room while Jessie chose her birthday present. We put 5 toys in a row and then let her choose one. It was funny to watch her "try out" two of them by picking them up and squeaking them once, but once she saw this duck she pounced on it and ignored the rest of them.
Jessie and her birthday duck

      December 29th is a pretty fun day for people and dogs at our house!


No comments:

Post a Comment