Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Friday, February 4, 2011

Freezing in Texas

Well, even though I left Indiana to get away from the winter, it followed me to Texas. We've had temperatures in the teens and low 20s, which is record-breaking cold here. As a result, there have been power outages and shortages. In order to conserve ('m guessing) the temperature in my apartment was 55 on Tuesday and 22 outside. Too cold!! Yesterday it was 60 and today it is almost to 65 degrees-that's the inside temp. Hopefully it continues the trend of getting warmer.

Bundled up in multiple layers of clothes and blankets with my heat producing pup, I have managed to stay pretty warm when I am in bed. Getting out is another story! I am very thankful that Morey likes to sleep with his body pressed up against mine and that he is so long he can keep me warm from my neck to my knees.

One disadvantage of the cold weather is that it has cut down on Morey's walk and ball time. He is getting a lot of pent up energy which explodes in silly bursts every now and then. We have had short ball sessions at work, but he needs a long run and it's just too cold for me! The weather is supposed to be in the 60s outside by Sunday so I have promised him a nice long run then. In the meantime we train, use interactive toys, and play "find". Good thing he is a low energy dog to begin with.

Today they closed UT so it's my first Texas snow day! There is about an inch of snow on the ground. After taking Morey outside once, I remembered how much I do not like snow! Cold, wet, hard to get around in, yuck!! It's pretty, but messy. We are hosting a rugby tournament in Austin this weekend (and I'm sure the teams from Michigan and St. Louis are laughing because we postponed the start for one inch of snow!) so I will have to go out in it soon...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment