Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Morey at the track

While I added a new sport to my collection, Morey added a new friend to his life. I am starting to try out wheelchair racing with a woman I met at my church. Her mom came to the track with us and while we were racing around the track, she played ball with Morey. At first he kept trying to bring the ball back to me while I was going around the track, but when he figured out I couldn't throw the ball he went back to Diana. He had the whole inner track to run and chase the ball and run and chase he did! When we came by for a break, his tongue was hanging out and she said he had brought the ball back and laid down with it. I have never had Morey actually stop wanting to play ball before!

We went to the track again on Saturday and for a whole lap around the track Morey ran beside me with the tennis ball in his mouth. I was laughing so hard I could barely push. Diana said that she had several people come up to her and say what a great dog Morey is. She responded with "He is a good dog, but he's not mine. He belongs to her." But I think I belong to him just as much as he does to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment