Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Morey meets the vet

Although Morey got his vaccines at Eagle Creek before we left Indiana, I wanted to get him connected with a vet in Texas before we really needed it. I got a recommendation from my boss for her vet, which is only 5 minutes from my apartment.

I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself and Morey and so we had a short appointment the other day. Everyone at the vet was impressed by how Morey looked at me before going to say hello to anyone. Yay Morey! He weighed 69 lbs and we got heartworm and flea preventive for 6 months. They have fleas year round down here, so it will be important to keep up on that. It's nice to have made that connection, although I hope I won't be needing to go see her very often.

On an interesting note, I found out today that Morey's medical expenses/vet bills count as eligible expenses with my flexible spending medical account. He is the most loving piece of medical equipment I've ever had : )

No comments:

Post a Comment