Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bath Time!

I've been wanting to give Morey a bath for several weeks. But first it was too cold and then he got sick. Then a friend offered to help me, but we were having trouble coordinating our schedules. So today, impatient, independent, and impetuous Emily decided to give it a try on my own (I'm sure that doesn't surprise most of you!)

I knew I was going to end up as wet as Morey, so after I worked out (another day at the track), I decided to give Morey a bath before I took my shower. He needed a little assistance getting in my tub because it's pretty deep (somehow he didn't need any help getting out though...motivation is an amazing thing!)

He panted the whole time, but was great at holding still and allowing me to soap him up and then rinse him off. By some miracle-and some bracing assistance from Morey-I managed not to fall in the tub with him. The command "wiggle", which means to shake his whole body, came in very handy since I got him to shake off in the tub before getting out. Of course, that didn't prevent him from shaking again and tossing off the towels I had put on him. Oh well, I was soaked already anyway.

Overall, the experience went better than I expected. Morey is now nice and clean and has less fur than before. I managed to get some pictures during the experience. Two minutes after getting out of the tub, Morey was racing around my apartment with his happy face again (he looks pretty pathetic in the pictures.) All's well that ends well!

No comments:

Post a Comment