Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Bed Boundaries

I let Morey sleep on my bed and have just gotten used to the fact that my bed will be covered in dog hair. He usually waits for permission to get on the bed (although if he is home alone he has no problem giving himself permission!) and that system has worked well for both of us.

Recently, however, Morey has been taking advantage of my generosity when it come to his bed privileges. I came home one day after leaving him at home alone to find my comforter and sheets all dug up and that he had been sleeping under the covers (he hasn't learned how to remove the evidence of his action). I love Morey, but I don't love finding his dog hair all over my sheets.

I am not exactly sure how I will be handling this problem. It only happens when I am not at home so I am considering revoking access to my bedroom to keep him from practicing this habit. I don't mind him on my bed, I just don't want him in my bed and I don't think that is an explanation he can understand. I might invest in another dog bed so he can substitute my comfy bed with a comfy bed just for him. And maybe I should put sheets on it so he can have the options of burrowing under the covers if that is how he is most comfortable....

No comments:

Post a Comment