Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Police Dog for a Day?

I recently did a disability awareness training for the UT Police Department and Morey attended (I'm still trying to get him to help me with the actual presenting!). After the presentation, one of the officers who works with their canines, came up to me and handed me his business card. (The card listed his name and then said Canine Officer Spike. Morey now wants his name added to my business card.) He told me that if Morey or I ever needed anything on campus to be sure to let him know.

In a joking voice I said, "Well, I think Morey has always wanted to ride in a police car so I may ask if you can help make that dream come true sometime". The officer laughed and said "We could make that happen. He could even wear a police vest and badge". I laughed at that image and replied"The only thing I would be afraid of is that Morey might like being a police dog better than a service dog and I don't think I could support that career change."

For anyone who knows Morey, the thought of him as a police dog is pretty funny. But if he ever gets the chance to try it for a day, I will be sure to let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment