Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Nationals

As I believe I mentioned in an earlier post, the United States Quad Rugby Association National Championships were held in Louisville this year. I enjoy having the tournament in this location because it means that some of my Midwest friends and family can attend. Morey's grandma convinced me that since I would be busy with rugby, she should keep Morey with her during the course of the weekend so he could have the attention he deserves. Grandma cherishes her time with Morey and I knew he would have more fun with her rather than hanging out at the gym all day.

When she came to watch our first game, she brought Morey. He doesn't typically "work" for Grandma, and I was glad to see he was on his best behavior (although it did seem funny to see him being walked by someone else). I also noticed how slowly he was walking when he first came in. Grandma's house provides a lot more exercise and stimulation than he is used to and after a few days, he was worn out! (Don't worry, it was nothing a few days of naps didn't fix!)

Morey had a little bit of confusion when I was around and Grandma was holding his leash. He wasn't sure who he was supposed to be standing by and taking directions from. He also got excited when he saw some of his rugby friends from other teams and it was fun to see his reaction to the people he knew. There were several other service dogs there and I think he might have had a secret crush on a petite black lab named Twix.

I think everyone had a good time at Nationals, including Morey. We ended up coming in 3rd which was a real accomplishment for our team. If you are interested in seeing any of the games, they are available at the following website: http://www.ihigh.com/quadrugby/

No comments:

Post a Comment