Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Monday, December 10, 2012

...Or Hardly Working


Morey faithfully attends my graduate school classes each week. At the end of this semester our class had a potluck and social time after our final exam. From the first day of class I had strictly enforced a "no petting" rule for my classmates and they very obediently (if reluctantly) obeyed. For the final class, I decided to give Morey the evening off and it was funny to watch all the pent-up dog lovers finally get to express their feelings for Morey. A lot of them were surprised by how interactive and "normal" Morey is when he isn't working (as evidenced by his sniffing, requests for belly rubs, and general doggie silliness). When I brought out his tennis ball they got to see how the real dog underneath the service dog vest. It was fun to share Morey with the class and allow him to get to have some social time. We have both earned some time off!

No comments:

Post a Comment