Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Morey, Get the Bags!


One task I have been using more often is having Morey carry bags for me. He does it very proudly and will carry for long distances. I can only carry so much on my lap and his help means I can make fewer trips in and out, or means that I don’t need help carrying my things. I was recently Christmas shopping and left the store with a bag that was bulky, but not heavy. It would stay on my lap and I kept having to stop and readjust before it fell. After several times of this I realized that Morey could help me out. I gave him the bag and he willingly carried it the 3 blocks back to my Mazda.

He has also carried my food bag when I travel. I carry my suitcase on my lap and if I buy food that comes in a bag it tends to slide around and fall off if I try to balance it on top of my suitcase. Faced with this dilemma, I simply handed Morey the paperbag and off we went through the airport. The only problem was that his wet mouth dissolved the paper bag and so it ripped and dropped out of his mouth. Without needing a cue, he picked it up with a better grip and we were on the way again. Even though I didn’t share the food inside, I did make sure that he got a treat of his own for his effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment