Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Airport Adventures Part 2


Getting on our second plan to Indy was an adventure in itself! There was no jetbridge to get on the plane, only a staircase. That obviously doesn’t work too well for me so they brought over a giant ramp to push me up. Imagine a ramp that goes high enough to reach a plane. It was narrow and very steep so I had to sit on the aisle chair (a narrow chair with small wheels on the bottom that they strap you to and then can push you down the narrow plane aisle) and have one man push from the front and another pull up backwards all the way up the ramp. Not the most enjoyable experience, especially considering that it was 30 degrees and windy outside. One of the men helping me asked how Morey was going to come up. I explained that he could walk up behind the man pushing me, following us up to the plane. Not my favorite option, but better than leaving him on a down stay at the bottom while planes and carts are driving all around.

Morey tends to get concerned when I am on the aisle chair with people moving me around. He eagerly followed me up the ramp, although he caused a little confusion when he wanted to walk directly in front of me which didn’t leave the man pushing me much work to move. With every step Morey took he realized we were getting higher and higher and he kept looking down. I was very thankful when we all reached the top safely and were settled in our seats. Traveling is always an adventure and from now on I will be more thankful for jet bridges!

No comments:

Post a Comment