Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Airport Adventures



On our way home for Christmas, we flew through Washington Dulles Airport in Washington D.C. This was the first time we had flown through this airport and Morey and I were very excited to learn they had a service animal relief area inside the secured area. Airports are now required to offer these areas, but so far all of them I have found require you to go out of security to get to them. Most of the time my layovers aren’t long enough to go out and then back through security. This area was a small room with astroturf on the floor, complete with a fake fire hydrant. Morey eagerly “hurried” on the astroturf and then enjoyed sniffing around the rest of the area. I then felt much better on the remainder of our trip because I knew Morey was more comfortable and not being asked to “hold it” for our almost 10 hour trip.

 
In a separate area there was an open litterbox for cats (I can’t imagine a cat actually using it, but I suppose canine/feline equality is important).

No comments:

Post a Comment