Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Morey's 7th Birthday

It's hard to believe but this year Morey turned seven! I still remember the day he was born; I was playing in a rugby tournament in Indianapolis and kept checking my phone between games to see if his litter was born yet. Of course, I had no idea that one of the puppies from this litter would eventually be mine. I was just excited because Cleo, his mom was a puppy we had raised and Jammer was a dog I had worked with since he was a pup. Morey will always be extra special to me because of the connection I have with his parents.

My mom and sister were visiting for Morey's birthday so we made sure he had a great day. He got to play some ball out in the backyard, open his presents and then end the day with a walk in the park and some birthday cake, complete with 7 cheese candles. Morey rarely gets canned food or people food so he could barely wait for us to finish singing Happy Birthday before he tasted his cake!



 Because Morey's birthday is close to Halloween he had a Halloween-themed party. He enjoyed his new squeaky bat toy but was a little scared of the ghost toy because the ghost pops out of the tower when you squeeze/bit it. Morey would stand at a distance and bark at it before rushing forward and grabbing it. He is a brave boy to try to conquer his fear of scary squeaky toys!!

Instead of a birthday hat Morey got a cowboy hat which became the inspiration for his Halloween costume!

 One of Morey's most unusual presents was a Himalayan Yak Milk bone. The only ingredients are yak milk and salt but Morey thought it was pretty tasty!


I still think of Morey as my "new" service dog so it is hard to believe he is seven. I hope Morey has many more birthdays that we get to spend together!


 Last year right around Morey's birthday we planted a new tree in our backyard. We took pictures with Morey when we first planted the tree so this year we decided to make it a tradition and take a birthday picture with Morey and "his" tree.


No comments:

Post a Comment