Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Fall Break

Morey and I don't get an official fall break but since my mom and sisters came to visit it sure seemed like one! We had beautiful weather and did lots of outdoor activities that of course were centered around Morey.
I live right down the street from an elementary school which has a large fenced in play area. On nice days I will push with Morey down to the 7-11 and get a frozen slushy and then sit and drink it while he plays ball at the school. My mom and sister like to join us for this adventure and we all had a good time enjoying the day.

 Another favorite activity to do together is taking Morey swimming. There was a quite a crowd on the day we went so there were lots of other dogs to play with. One of them kept taking Morey's ball so he just followed the dog around until he dropped it so Morey could rush in and grab it again. Morey never wants to stop swimming so we had to give him a few breaks to catch his breath.

There was a paralyzed Corgi who went swimming- its owners put on a life jacket and it paddled around with its front feet. On land it has a set of back wheels to get around but in the water it was bobbing and floating around. It was nice to see humans and dogs with disabilities enjoying the day!
Unfortunately for Morey, after swimming comes a bath. He is only allowed in the bathroom when he gets a bath so when I call him he knows what comes next. He will very slow walk into the bathroom and climb into the tub. I am thankful he is so cooperative because there is no way I could bathe him myself if he was resisting.


 The only part of the bath Morey likes is being rubbed with a towel afterward. It must feel like a massage to him! I am very thankful he knows the cue "wiggle", which means to shake his whole body, so he can shake off some of the water while he is still in the tub. Once I let him out of the bathroom he gets the zoomies and runs around the house, shaking and rubbing himself on the carpet. I guess he doesn't like smelling like an apricot! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment