Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Family Weekend at UT

UT hosts a Family Weekend in October every year where students can invite their families to come and participate in a variety of events around campus. It just so happened that my mom and sister were visiting that same weekend and although we didn't participate in any of the formal activities we did spend some time on campus showing off some of our favorite places.










 For my graduation gift my family bought an engraved brick for me that is in front of the building where I work at UT. I get to see it every day as I go to work but it was fun to be able to show them "our brick" in person. What a special way to remember my time at UT as both a student and a staff member!













I had recently purchased a frame for my diploma but hadn't put it up in my office yet. Since hanging pictures is not my best skill I asked my mom and sister to help. Together they did a great job of centering and hanging my diplomas so now my office accurately reflects all my degrees and accomplishments!


 Morey was a little confused about why we were at work. He went under my desk to his usual spot but he could tell that it was not a typical work day. He thinks work would be a lot more fun if Grandma and his aunt came everyday!
I spend a lot of time on campus but most of my time is spent in very functional ways- going to meetings, checking out accessibility problems, etc. It was fun to spend some time showing off campus to my family and taking some pictures of the places and scenes I see every day.












I am grateful for the many opportunities I have had at The University of Texas at Austin! Hook 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment