Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Friday Fun

At the end of a long, boring week for Morey I decided to take him for a swim. I was very careful not to let him drink the water so we could avoid the GI distress that happened last time! While Morey will go up and interact with new dogs when they come up to the swim area he is mostly interested in playing ball.

As I found out, Morey has acquired the new skill of being able to hold two tennis balls in his mouth at the same time. Morey was swimming to retrieve his own ball when he saw another dog's ball floating in the water and decided to retrieve that one too. The poor other dog then followed Morey back to shore, waiting for a chance to get his ball back. I had to apologize for Morey's behavior but luckily the other dog's humans found it funny and didn't seem to mind.

We only have to stay at the lake for about half an hour before Morey is worn out. Since he never chooses to stop I have to watch him carefully so he won't over exert himself. After getting a bath when we get home Morey is worn out for the rest of the night and into the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment