Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Hogging the Bed

Morey is allowed to sleep on my bed and he is good about waiting for permission before jumping up. Because he likes to go to bed before I do I will usually let him jump up on my bed while I am still getting ready. While Morey takes up 50% of the bed, he likes to take up the middle 50%- leaving me about 25% on either side. I can usually get him to move when I come in to get in bed but if I concede any of my space during the night it is nearly impossible to reclaim it. Many times I wake up to find myself with barely enough room to lay on my side because Morey has taken up the rest of the bed.

I can gauge the temperature in the room by how close Morey wants to be to me. In the summer he likes to have his own space but as the nights start to cool off he inches closer and closer to me. It's amazing how warm he is and in the winter it is nice to have his extra heat. September has been much warmer than usual and we have still been in the upper 90s. I am looking forward to some cooler days and nights, even if it means less bed space for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment