Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Monday, April 7, 2014

Spectator Sports

Morey prefers participating in sports rather than watching them. However, there are a few sports that do engage his attention as a spectator.

Swimming is one of Morey's favorite activities and I feel slightly cruel when I go swimming and leave him in a down stay at the edge of the pool. He usually watches me closely but has never tried to join me. I wouldn't usually put him in that type of situation but when I go swimming at the gym on campus after work there isn't really another place to leave him. So poor Morey must endure watching me engage in his favorite thing.

I recently discovered another sport that Morey enjoys watching: racquetball. I was watching my friends play and Morey quickly became fixated on the small ball that was ricocheting around the room. I think he would probably be scared if he was actually in the room and had the ball flying all around him but from our vantage point he was definitely interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment