Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Monday, April 7, 2014

Morey's Social Life

Morey used to have several canine friends in Austin but sadly they have all moved away. One of my rugby teammates and his fiancée just got a new lab puppy and so I was eager to introduce Morey to a new potential friend. "Stevie" is a yellow lab and when we went over to meet her she had been with my friends for only a few days.


Stevie
 Morey hadn't been around a tiny puppy for a while and I wondered how he would react. I was not expecting him to bark and cry because he couldn't figure out how to play with this tiny dog, but that is exactly what happened. When Stevie came over and jumped up on him Morey backed up and barked, just not sure what to do. It took a few minutes but he finally settled down and soon they were playing nicely with each other. I wish I would have been able to take a video instead of pictures because it was hard to capture them while they were in constant motion!

 
We let them outside to play and Stevie followed Morey around wherever he went. Thankfully though she didn't follow him when he decided to jump in the pool and then run back inside to shake off. That escapade earned Morey more outside time while he dried off.
 
Both of the dogs were worn out before the evening was over. Between Stevie and the pool, Morey hopes he gets invited over again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment