Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Sleeping In

As much as he likes to work, Morey also enjoys a good nap. This is actually a very important trait for service dogs because most of the time they are waiting around for someone to give them something to do. A dog that needs constant stimulation and engagement usually won't make a good service dog because a lot of service work involves waiting patiently. Over the course of an entire day I may ask Morey to do 15-20 tasks and the rest of the time I need him to blend in and be practically invisible.

Thankfully, Morey has found an excellent balance between working and relaxing. Morey likes to sleep under my desk, in meetings, and especially in my bed. In the morning I usually get up and get ready before Morey gets out of bed. Once I leave the bed, Morey usually takes over the rest of the bed to snooze for a few more minutes. These pictures were taken soon after I got out of bed and turned the light on-Morey seems to be wondering what happened to sleeping in during summer vacation!



No comments:

Post a Comment