Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Human Hoarding

I keep a stash of tennis balls in my car, in my office, and at home so that I am ready at a moments notice to engage in a quick game of fetch with Morey. Sometimes though, the balls migrate to other locations and I find some of my secret stashes empty while others are overfilled. This was what happened a few weeks ago I couldn't find where the balls were ending up. I suspected Morey might be establishing his hoard under the couch and made a mental note to check it out the next day.

However, when I got home that evening and began to unpack my work bag, the mystery was solved.
Apparently I had been putting the balls in my bag when the ball sessions were over and then forgetting about them. Given the number of balls that I had been collecting, this had obviously happened more than a few days. I apologized to Morey for suspecting him and then dutifully returned the tennis balls to the regular places so that next time the occasion for a tennis ball session presented itself, I was ready with a tennis ball in hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment