Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Patience at the Pool

Now that summer classes are over, Morey and I have been enjoying the second half of summer vacation. To celebrate, I went to the pool with a friend for some swimming (about the only type of outside exercise that is possible in 100+ degree heat!). Unfortunately, the UT swimming pool does not allow dogs and so Morey had to sit on the sidelines.

I wasn't actually sure how Morey would do with being told to "stay" while there was a swimming pool in front of him, especially when I got in and started swimming. I settled him in the shade with his bed and a bowl of water and then stayed close to the edge at first to see how he would react. Although he watched me intently (probably hoping to hear the "release" command) he stayed right where I had left him. Once he seemed to figure out that he was not going swimming, he turned his back and took a nap.

I felt kind of guilty engaging in his favorite activity right in front of him but because I was coming straight from work there wasn't really another option. I did make sure to take him swimming a few days later (while I sat roasting in the sun) so I guess it all evens out!

No comments:

Post a Comment