Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Thursday, May 17, 2012

San Diego!

The week after Nationals I headed to Alabama for a rugby camp with Team Force. Morey was still tired from the excitement from Nationals so I gave him the weekend off. He stayed with Norm and enjoyed catching up on his beauty sleep (wish I could have done the same thing)!

The next weekend we were off to San Diego to celebrate a wedding. These friends used to live in Austin and moved to San Diego last summer. Morey and I were/are very close to them and I thought it only fitting that Morey come along to celebrate.

We arrived early and got to spend some time exploring the city. Morey got very excited when he saw the ocean and didn't understand that he would drown if he jumped off the pier because there was no way to get back up. He was whining and looking at me, expecting me to throw a ball for him to go retrieve. I kept him safely away from the water...just in case! As you can tell, he still had a good time even if there was no swimming involved.

As we were on our way back to the hotel we randomly found a jar of dog bones and a bowl of water sitting on the sidewalk. I sat there for a moment trying to decide if I should let Morey partake (I didn't know where it came from and wasn't sure if it was up to the standard of water Morey is used to ; ) A woman came out of  one of the stores along the street and said that several of the employees in the stores along the street brought their dogs to work and so they kept the bones and water available. Once I knew these were placed outside with good intentions, Morey was allowed to get a drink and sample the bones. He thinks San Diego is a pretty cool place where you can randomly run across free snacks on the sidewalk!

No comments:

Post a Comment