Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Where is Morey?

I work in the Student Services Building at UT, which houses many offices including Financial Aid, University Health Services, the Counseling and Mental Health Center, the Dean of Students offices, and Student Organizations and Activities, just to name a few. As a result there are lots of other staff members who I see several times a week when I am coming or going when I have Morey with me. If they see me without Morey (I usually leave him in my office if I have a meeting in the same building) they will always ask where he is. Typically I respond that" he is holding down the fort", but sometimes I like to mix things up a bit.

The other day I was in the restroom and a woman asked me where Morey was. I looked at her, pretending to be shocked and said "I can't bring him into the women's restroom!" For a moment she hesitated to see if I was joking and when she realized I was she burst out laughing. Had there been anyone else in the restroom who had heard that exchanged it would have made them wonder!

Sometimes I will tell people that he is answering me emails and I am surprised at how many people actually believe me. Morey is smart, but he is not quite that talented!

No comments:

Post a Comment