Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Road Trip Part 1

This weekend Morey accompanied the Texas Stampede to a practice/scrimmage in Houston. Morey is a good sport when it comes to road trips; he makes himself comfortable in whatever space is available after all the people and wheelchairs are loaded up. I rode with a teammate and in his van we had 2 people, 2 everyday wheelchairs, 2 rugby chairs and Morey. Aside from the wheelchairs sliding around a bit, it was an uneventful trip.

At the gym I got Morey settled on his "bed" a blue rug that travels with us to practices and games. Some kids who belonged to members of the other team came over and very politely asked to pet him. From there they moved on to asking what Morey can do and when I demonstrated a retrieve and pushing the automatic door button they went running over to their dad yelling "Dad, you've got to see what this dog can do!" Ah, Morey has it easy when it comes to making friends and fans!

While we played, Morey hung out and watched. He gets pretty relaxed given the chaos going on around him but I don't think he really sleeps. If I had 8 iron-clad wheelchairs running into each other at high speeds mere feet from me I don't think I'd be sleeping either!

No comments:

Post a Comment