Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Friday, January 6, 2012

Holiday Helper

When people ask what Morey does for me I usually give several generic answers; retrieve items, open doors, pull my wheelchair, etc. But there is a whole list of things he does for me that fall under the "other duties as assigned" category. I think helping me decorate and undecorate for holidays meets that criteria.

I put my Christmas tree up in my office instead of my apartment because that is where I spend more of my waking hours. The box is big and so I shoved it under my desk after I put the tree up-out of sight and out of reach. Today when I decided it was time for the tree to go back into storage (it felt strange to have a Christmas tree up when it was 70 degrees outside) I had Morey retrieve the box. As you can see, it's long and awkward and required some careful problem solving. It took several tries, but Morey did it. He gets so excited after he completes a complex task!

1 comment: