Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Morey Goes to Rugby Camp

Usually when I go to rugby training camps in Birmingham Alabama, I leave Morey at home. Camps are pretty intense; we are usually on the court 8 hours a day and any off time is spent resting or eating. I know I wouldn't really have the time to give Morey the attention and care he needs, so it's better for both of us if he stays at home. This time, however, was a bit different.

Team Force, the Developmental National Team was having a training camp Monday through Thursday with a tournament Friday through Sunday. A whole week of rugby. Because of the length, we wouldn't be doing 3 sessions a day like we usually do so there would be a bit more down time each day. Usually I travel on the weekends and so most of his dog sitters are home during the day. Call me a doting mom, but I didn't want to leave Morey somewhere where he would be spending all day alone. I know he'd be fine (since all he does is sleep all day anyway) but it wasn't my first choice. While I was with Team Force, the Texas Stampede was going to a different tournament, which meant that Norm, Morey's usual dog sitter, wouldn't be available.

With all of this information (and the fact that I haven't been away from Morey for more than 4 days since I got him) I decided to bring Morey to training camp. He had met several of the staff members from Lakeshore, USA Rugby's training facility, at our national tournament in April and since then they had asked each camp when Morey was going to come. So, I packed my bags and Morey's and we headed to Alabama for a week of rugby!

No comments:

Post a Comment