Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Monday, November 14, 2011

Caught in the Act

My flight left at 7am on Friday and rather than dropping Morey off at a horribly early hour and then having him stay alone at Stephani's house by himself, she suggested that I bring him to the office like usual and then she would take him home with her at night.

Morey is used to spending all day in my office and I sometimes leave him there alone so I was fine with that idea. I knew he would have lots of visitors throughout the day and would probably get more attention than if I was there!

Now, just to clarify, by himself, Morey does not have any legal rights as a service dog. I am the one who has the right to be accompanied by a service dog. Without me (or a person with a disability), he is just a regular dog and has no public access rights. But, since he was just going to be hanging out in my office all day, Stephani felt comfortable suggesting that option and I liked it as well.

So, at 5am I left Morey in my office. At 9am I got a text that contained the picture included here. This is where my co-worker found Morey when she arrived at the office. Morey has NEVER EVER gotten up on my couch either at home or in my office. I've never even seen him try. I guess he decided that if he had to wake up at 4am and then be left in an office by himself he was going to try to salvage the day by getting a few extra hours of sleep.

When I picked him up from Stephani on Sunday, she said that he had gotten up on her couch as well. She never saw him do it, but somehow there was yellow dog hair all over her red couch...Morey might be sneaky but he isn't sneaky enough to remove the evidence he leaves behind!

Today at work he tried to jump on the couch while I was working at my desk. I gave him the command "off" and he quickly got off. I'm going to have to watch him carefully to make sure that this habit is not one that continues! Sorry Morey, but your couch surfing days are over!

2 comments:

  1. Hehe...this made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe little Morey is having a flashback to his time with Big Maury....what a wonderful role model Big Maury is!!!

    ReplyDelete