Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Monday, November 14, 2011

Make New Friends

I have to say, I have been fortunate to have always worked in jobs where I really like my boss and my co-workers. At UT, I work with an awesome group of people. It's amazing how much of a difference that can make in creating an environment where you look forward to going to work everyday (well, as least most days!).

My boss Stephani, offered to watch Morey for me over the weekend. She has a black lab named Lucy (apparently a popular name for female black labs) and we have talked many times about getting them together for a play date at the dog park. But because of schedules, weather, etc. we hadn't gotten the chance to make that happen yet.

I took Morey over to meet Lucy for a "trial run" . Morey was very excited to see her and did a lot of bouncing and running and bowing and prancing, which made Lucy a little overwhelmed. Stephani said that she would be fine once Morey settled down. Lucy likes to play with other dogs once she realizes they aren't going to hurt her. Morey was not acting like his usual calm self (the one that Stephani usually sees at work) but Stephani realized that once he got over his initial excitement they would get along well together.

She watched Morey over the weekend and when I picked him up he had a big "doggie smile" on his face. Stephani said that after 10 minutes he and Lucy had gotten along great and had alternated being playing together and having their alone time. Morey had also gotten to meet the neighbor dog, a St. Bernard.

It made the weekend much more enjoyable for both Morey and me for him to stay in Austin. Although he could have come with me, it would have meant a lot of travel and laying around the gym or hotel, when instead he could be running and romping with Lucy. I'm very glad Morey found a place to stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment