Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Sunday, April 10, 2011

You know your dog is a service dog when...

I wanted to share this funny story that happened a while ago, but I keep forgetting to post.

When Morey was sick a few weeks ago, I was feeding him things he had never had before (yogurt, rice, and most recently pumpkin). The first time I stirred up his rice and yogurt concoction I held out the spoon when I was done so he could lick it off. Morey just looked at me hesitantly and I encouraged him to lick it (saying "It's ok"-not that he really understood that!). Instead of licking the spoon, he touched it with his nose! After I stopped laughing and thought about it, I realized he had probably never licked food off a spoon before and so when faced with a situation where he wasn't sure what to do, he reverted back to his training and "touched" the spoon! What a sweetie!

I will admit that he has now become very good at licking spoons clean : )

No comments:

Post a Comment