Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Morey's Night in the Dorm

It's been in the 90s in Austin for the past few weeks, which is way too hot to leave Morey in my van. That's usually what I do when I go to the gym after work to push in my rugby chair (I use the gym at UT so it doesn't make sense to go back to my apartment between work and working out). Now that it's hot, I have to figure out a new plan.

One of my teammates goes to UT and lives in the dorm so I asked if Morey could stay in his room while we pushed. He likes Morey (still have yet to find a person who doesn't!), so he was fine with that. He had forgotten something in his room and took Morey with him while he went to get it. When he came down he said "Oh, I left Morey with some of my friends because they wanted to play with him and I thought it would be more fun for him than being my himself in my room". Immediately images of chaos and rule breaking flashed through my mind, but I had met those friends before and they seemed sensible enough, so I reluctantly left Morey there and went to work out. (Pretty much any time I leave Morey it is with some reluctance but I'm trying to work through the early stages of separation anxiety.)

When we got back, Morey was playing fetch with a tennis ball in the hall. From all accounts he had a fun evening being admired by all the students who were missing their pets from home. I got lots of offers to babysit Morey again and lots of comments on how smart and good he is. He doesn't seem like he has been corrupted at all by his evening of adventures in the dorm so I'll call it a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment