Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Rugby update

Since I've spent so much time talking about Nationals, here's a quick overview of how our team did. I am not a starter on the team, but one of our starters had his chair broken on the flight to Alabama. We thought it was fixed but 5 minutes before the first game we found out it wasn't. So, the coach turned to me and said "Ok, you're starting." Um, sure coach! My first time competing at Nationals and all of a sudden I'm a starter!

We were playing a team we have come close to beating, but never have. At the end of the first quarter when I came out of the game, we were down by 2. Not too bad. Unfortunately we lost the game and also our second game that day.

We beat one of our biggest rivals that we have struggled to beat all season by 1 goal at the last second. It was a very exciting game!

We played for 5th and 6th on Sunday and lost by 1 point in overtime (you can watch me play in this game at http://www.vimeo.com/22515424- I come into the game 9 minutes and 30 seconds into the clip). It was a tough loss after a hard fought game and a disappointing way to end the season. Our team had 4 new players and we came a long way from the beginning of the season. Hopefully we will continue to grow and improve next season.

It was fun for me to see some friends and players I haven't seen since last March. It was a great weekend of rugby and socializing, although it was exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment