Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Therapy Dog

Well, I'm not really in the mood to write, but don't want to disappoint our many fans and faithful followers. I have had a lot of people say how much they enjoy our blog and I have appreciated your feedback. This post might differ a bit from the type of thing I usually write, but please bear with me.

I found out on Friday morning that one of my teammates from my Indiana rugby team passed away unexpectedly. Not news I was expecting or wanting to hear and it's been difficult to take in. Morey has been my "therapy dog" through it all. His need to be walked and played with helps distract me and his antics never fail to make me smile or laugh, even if it is through tears. He is a dog who is sensitive to emotions and seems to have a knack to know when to be silly and when to come lay his head on my leg or cuddle up next to me (which he is doing as I type).

As my practically perfect puppy comforts me, I am reminded how how frail and uncertain life is. And with that, I want to take a moment and say a few things that have been on my heart since I learned of Doug's unexpected passing. Never take people or relationships for granted. Always express what's in your heart because sometimes you won't get a second chance. Live fully each day because we never know when it's going to be our last. And most of all, "Neither death nor life.... nor anything else in all creation can separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus" (Romans 8:38-39) and "Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall" (Psalm 55:22). Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment