Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Monday, March 21, 2011

Morey's New Duds

I've always been kind of funny about my dog's collars. To me, their collars are almost a part of their identity and I don't like changing them. Jessie has had the same butterfly collar since she was 6 months old and it just matches her personality.

Morey was "Little Boy Blue" since he was born and had a blue collar to identify him from his littermates. His first real collar was blue with dark blue paw prints and he had that until I got him, when one of the ICAN volunteers got him a new blue collar with white and green paw prints (it matched his ICAN vest very well). I was happy with that collar and didn't see any need to get him a new one.

But, then I was accepted to grad school at UT and caught the "Longhorn Spirit". Our rugby team's colors are also burnt orange and so any burnt orange/Longhorn gear can work for either rugby or UT. So, when I saw a burnt orange dog collar with Longhorns on it, I got it in an uncharacteristic moment of weakness. We were going to our sectional tournament for rugby and I wanted Morey to have some team spirit. It matches his fur quite well and makes him look very sophisticated. He got a lot of compliments on it : ) I will have to post pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment