Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Morey's New Friend

On Thursday I had a friend over for the evening and she brought her Yorkie named Teddy. He had met Morey at an outing at a park a few months ago and they had pretty much ignored each other (after Teddy stopped barking). I knew that off leash in a more relaxed environment they might interact more, so we gave it a shot.

Morey wanted to play and displayed this by play bowing and then pouncing, which made Teddy bark and back away. My friend kept apologizing for Teddy's behavior, but I think his reaction was pretty normal (I might be a little defensive too if a creature more than 7 times my weight was trying to pounce on me) I had Morey lay down and then Teddy would cautiously approach him.

At one point Teddy grabbed one of Morey's toys and was shaking it around, but when Morey tried to join, Teddy jumped up on the back of my couch and barked. They both wanted to play, but couldn't quite find a method that they were both comfortable with. By the end of the evening they had both calmed down and could lay quietly next to each other. We both agreed it had been a successful first doggie date!

No comments:

Post a Comment