Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Unexpected Gifts

When you are as cute and well-behaved as Morey people can't seem to help offering compliments and sometimes even unexpected gifts!

A few weeks ago Morey and I went to a friend's birthday party at Dave and Buster's (basically the adult version of Chuck E Cheese with food, games and prizes). As we were eating lunch a server came over to compliment Morey on how handsome and well-behaved he is. He told me he had a yellow lab at home and then asked Morey's name. The server responded with "Mine's Murphy" and it took me a minute to realize he was referring to his dog's name and not his!

 Later when we were in the game area the same server came over with a stuffed animal fish and asked if Morey would like it. I said I am sure he would and told him to toss it on the floor. I released Morey who pounced on it and then carried it around the rest of the afternoon. He got a prize and didn't even have to play any games!

The next week I was at lunch with another friend and one of the staff came over with some small pieces of beef jerky in a to go cup and asked if Morey could have some. I didn't want to hurt his feelings so I thanked him and took the cup. After assessing the jerky to make sure it wasn't too spicy I broke off some small chunks and gave them to Morey to enjoy.

A new toy and tasty treats, not too bad for a week's work!

No comments:

Post a Comment