Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Monday, January 2, 2017

December 29th: 6 Year Anniversary

Six years ago I brought Morey home to be my service dog. I went back and read through some of my first blog posts- remembering when Morey and I were still getting to know each other and some of our early adventures. While I started this blog as a way to share our adventures with my family and friends it has become a special way to document and remember my life with Morey.

December 29th is also Jessie's birthday (my first service dog). She would have been 12 this year. She's been gone for two years but I still miss her.

A relationship with a service dog is unique. The love you have for your dog is incredible but so is the hurt and loss when your time together is over. There is a touch of sadness as I realize that I won't have another six years to work with Morey but that just makes each day with him even more precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment