Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Friday, August 12, 2016

Pay It Forward

One of my rugby friends puts together a fundraiser each year to raise money for wheelchair sports and spinal cord injury research. The Pay It Forward event is a fun way to connect with people in the wheelchair sports community across Texas- including some folks I get to see only once or twice a year.


The event takes place at the AT&T Conference Center on the UT campus so I headed over after work. Since Morey had been with me all day at work we took some time to play ball on the south mall. Usually this space is filled with students but that day we had it to ourselves. It was so hot Morey only wanted to chase the ball a few times but it was nice to spend a few moments reflecting on our almost six years at UT.
There was a photo booth at the event which has become a tradition for me and Morey. Usually it's hard to get him to look at the camera because he has no idea why he should look directly ahead but luckily I had brought his tennis ball with me from his earlier play so I had the photographer hold the ball right next to the camera. That's the secret to Morey's handsome and super alert photo!



No comments:

Post a Comment