Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Help Yourself

My family's church at home is a more casual environment and people often bring coffee or other beverages or refreshments to their seats to enjoy during the service. Morey was laying at my feet like usual, only about halfway under the chair in front of him because the rest of him wouldn't fit.

All of a sudden my mom nudged me and whispered "Morey is drinking that lady's water!" And indeed, Morey was politely licking water out of the plastic cup she had placed under her seat. I was shocked and made a quiet clicking sound with my tongue to get his attention and he stopped drinking and looked up at me. My mom picked up the cup and leaned forward to explain to the woman why she was taking her cup away and offered to get more water for her. Thankfully the woman was amused and generously said he could finish the rest of it.

Most water that is put down on the floor next to him is available for him to drink so I guess it makes sense why Morey thought he could help himself to the cup of water. I usually make him wait and then tell him "release" before letting him drink water outside of the house because I don't want him to think he can help himself to any water he finds. Obviously that system didn't work very well that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment