Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Easter Excitement!



It was special to be home and get to celebrate Easter with my family. Morey naturally had to dress up for the occasion and he attracted quite a crowd of young admirers after church was over.

While Morey was gracious and put up with the attention he was much more excited about the Easter Egg hunt we had later in the day.


Happy Easter!


I went to visit my grandparents after church and my grandpa was quite amused by Morey wearing his bunny ears.  When I briefly left the room and came back he was surprised all over again!

That afternoon we set up an Easter Egg hunt for Yuma and Morey. We filled Easter eggs with treats and then put them out in the yard. Morey was more than willing to retrieve them and bring them back to me. I would open the eggs and then hand him the treat inside. After a couple of successful egg retrieves Morey realized he could open the eggs himself so he stopped bringing them back to me!
(In order to ensure safety we only used eggs that had both pieces connected to avoid any choking on Easter eggs and we also used the larger type of egg.) Yuma had her own strategy that was slightly less energetic but no less effective. It was fun to watch them figure out this new game!

 It is always fun to spend time with friends and family!
The bunny brigade

No comments:

Post a Comment