Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Home Depot Helper

One of Morey's favorite friends works at the Home Depot. Morey has often admired Norm's orange home depot apron and when Morey found out they give them away to kids at their Saturday workshops he wanted to stop by and get one. [Ok, that may not be the exact truth...Morey really doesn't care about increasing his wardrobe but I thought he would look really cute in one. And that is why I found myself going to the Home Depot on a Saturday morning and waiting in line to ask for a Home Depot apron for my dog. I really don't have any shame!)

Apparently going to the Home Depot with your kid is a popular activity. By the time I got there they only had aprons written in Spanish. Since Morey can't read English either I figured it didn't matter.

Morey is used to wearing a vest so an apron didn't seem very different to him. As you might imagine he got lots of compliments as we shopped (I did actually have a list of things I needed to get at the HD which helped justify my trip!).

We found Norm and got a picture of him and Morey in their matching aprons. Morey already has a full time job but otherwise he might consider a job at the Home Depot. After all, he pretty much exemplifies their motto; "You can do it. We can help."


No comments:

Post a Comment