Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Friday, October 31, 2014

Morey Makes Himself at Home


At my church there are several pews that are shorter than the others which leaves space for me to sit without being in the aisle. There is an older lady who usually sits next to me and parks her walker in the extra space. One day during our greeting time I noticed Morey had moved from the spot where I had left him. He had crawled under the walker and curled up into a tiny ball!






While the ICAN service dogs are in training the handlers get them used to being around lots of different types of assistive equipment. The prisons have a collection of walkers, wheelchairs and crutches which are routinely incorporated into different training exercises. I guess Morey saw the walker and thought he would make himself at home!



No comments:

Post a Comment