Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Birthday!

Morey turned 6 this year. I still remember the day he was born- I had a rugby tournament and kept checking my phone between games to see if the puppies had been born! I still think of him as a young dog but at 6 he is solidly middle-aged now. We'll be celebrating our 4th anniversary of being together this December which is hard to believe. Time flies!


I'm sorry to report that Morey had a rather sad birthday. Usually my mom and sister come to visit so we can celebrate in style but this year I was getting ready to head out on a trip so it was just me and Morey. His birthday was on a Friday so we spent the whole day at work. One of Morey's biggest fans at work saw my birthday Facebook post while she was doing an early morning errand and she picked up a birthday present for him and then brought it to my office to deliver it to the birthday boy. She said she never gets to buy soft toys because her dogs destroy them but she had a feeling that Morey would treat it appropriately. Morey was very excited about his birthday present!


After losing my sweet Jessie at age nine (way too early!) I don't like to think about Morey getting older. Morey is such a part of me and I really can't even think about not having him in my life. I tried to focus on celebrating another year of his life instead of dwelling on how few birthdays he might have left. Sometimes it takes a loss to make you appreciate what you have and that is certainly the  case with me. Over the last few months I have been intentional about cherishing each moment with Morey and am trying not to take his presence in my life for granted.


                    So here's to Morey and many more years of health and happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment