Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween

This year I dropped the ball on Halloween costumes. I spent most of the week catching up after being gone for a week and Halloween just snuck up on me. I had a meeting to go to that encouraged people to wear "healthy-themed" costumes so I was trying to use that theme for inspiration.


Inspiration hit at 10:30pm on Thursday night. I decided Morey would go as a cow and bring along his farm animal toys (including a pig, duck and chicken) and I would dress as a farmer and bring fruit, veggies and grains so that together we would represent the 5 food groups. Not bad for a last minute costume!


Morey was not thrilled about the costume but he graciously cooperated. He wore his costume to/from and during the meeting. The cow tail kept moving along his back as he walked and he kept turning around to look at it. It must have felt strange to have a second tail! The hood with the horns wouldn't stay on his head so many people thought he was a dalmation. Personally, I've never seen a dalmation with an udder but I guess there is a first time for everything!


At home at night we had a good number of trick or treaters (although only a few of them actually said trick or treat!). At first Morey came to the door with me but once he was ignored a few times he decided not to waste the energy and just stayed on the couch. Unless he is the one getting the treats he said it's not worth the effort!


Next year I'll try to get an earlier start on our Halloween planning. If you have any suggestions please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment