Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Happy Father's Day!

Morey and I were home for Father's Day which was a special treat. Living so far away means that we aren't often home for the smaller holidays and miss some of the special traditions our family has to celebrate.


We also got to celebrate by having Morey's dad, Jammer, over to our house for a "sleepover". Jammer and Morey had never actually met before and although they had no idea of their relation to each other, my family and I certainly did.






They were a little wild and bouncy with each other at first but after a few hours they both settled down. It was great weather so they got to enjoy a pool party together, which of course involved tennis balls!




Jammer lived with me in college for six months while he was in training and he was actually a candidate for my next service dog. He is still just as handsome as he was then! It all worked out well as he went to live with a wonderful family where he works as a Facility Dog in a rehab center for seniors, with some occasional part-time work as ICAN's resident stud dog. (Jammer has over 100 puppies- most of them have gone into some type of service work.)

One of the reasons that Morey is so special is because I personally know and have been involved with both of his parents. Cleo was the first puppy my family puppy-raised for ICAN and I spent considerable time with Jammer during his training in prison and when he lived with me. I feel very fortunate to have such a connection with Morey's family and also to have such a good relationship with Cleo and Jammer's new families who allow us to borrow their dogs so we can have "family reunions"!

No comments:

Post a Comment